but how much should we really be drinking?
Literally! Did you know that water makes up 83% of our blood? And, It does so much more too:
- Hydrates our cells
- Flushes toxins as well as excess salt from the body
- Keeps our digestion running smoothly
- Supports organ function
- Promotes clear skin & freshes breath
- Maintains sharp, aler minds
- Keeps hunger at bay
- Helps keep our energy levels up
- And the picture shows more:
No wonder we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day! Or should we? 8 glasses of water a day is 64 ounces. But, no doubt, that would be different for someone who is 120 lbs and someone who is 250 lbs. The general rule of thumb is to drink about half your body weight in ounces per day. If you are sweating a lot from exercise, you would need a little more. You can get sa sense of how much is enough for you. Listen to your body and check your urine. If it’s dark, cloudy or particularly yellow, drink more.
Some easy ways to get more filtered fresh water into your day:
- Start at the very beginning: when you wake up drink a glass.
- Drink a glass of water a half hour before each meal to manage hunger.
- Have a bottle of at hand at all times to sip from.
- Eat lots of Vegetables and fruits that are naturally high in water.
- If you need to add some Umpf to your water: Add lemon or cucumber. Or soak fruit in a pitcher of water or add a small shot of juice like pomegranate.
How much water do you get? Do you find it easier for you to stay well hydrated during the summer months?